Webfetti.com

Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Cason is finally here !





So here's the story of what happened...
As you all might know, I have been trying to have a baby since I knew he was full-term, well Wednesday was that day. My mom arrived last Friday since I was pretty darn sure the baby was coming exactly 3 weeks early which would have been on Saturday. But instead we went to a fall festival and walked around. Then on Monday I was at the Dr's office and he did some sweeping and said I cannot induce you on Tuesday since the baby hasn't come down at all. So I was really bummed out. I had an appt. on Thursday and we were going to evaluate the situation then. So my mom, the kids, and I proceeded to do as much as possible to get the labor on the road we went to the zoo on Monday, Tuesday we went shopping at an outdoor shopping center for a few hours and then on to Wal-mart, Wednesday we were back at the zoo. Well I started some serious contractions in the rain forest at the zoo. We went there at 3:30 and walked around for about 2 1/2 hours. By the time that I was in the parking lot I couldn't walk through my contractions. I called Blaine on the way home and said we have to go the hospital right when we get home, well as you know i am kinda a drama queen and Blaine knows that all to well, so he said ok I'll stop and get some pizza, I think he thought I was trying to get out of cooking once again. But I was truly in labor. We all got home at the same time and 3 mins. later Blaine and I were out the door on our way to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital at about 6:45 pm and checked into triage and the sent me right into a birthing room and hooked me up to an IV immediately and the the epidural. So at approx. 9:30 I was ready to have my water broken. Well Dr. broke the water and then everyone left the room. We 9:38 I was in total pain and ready to get the baby out. I was yelling "I have to push" There was no one to catch the baby. Blaine ran out in the hall to get the dr and everyone was running like crazy. My doctor barely had his gloves on and said ok push! I did one tiny push and at 9:41 our little boy was born. The surgical tech only had one glove on, the tray of tools wasn't in the room, and my baby was in shock and was barely breathing. The nurses called NICU to come look at Cason but in 5 mins he was normal and pink. All i can say is WHOA!!! It was fast and it was fairly easy. So that's the story.

Cason has been doing very well and as for me I am super tired, but I love being a mom and feel very blessed to have 3 beautiful, healthy children. And A great husband, family and friends. I have nothing to complain about. I am BLESSED!

12 comments:

Kelly M said...

HOORAY!!! Congratulations you guys, and welcome Cason!!

Sum, he is DARLING! What a little stud. He already looks like he belongs to you guys. so cute. . . I wish I was closer so I could come hold him!

I'm glad labor/delivery went so well. Did you have an epidural? How big was he? How are the girls doing with him? Ok- sorry about all the questions, I'll just call you. :)

Macy said...

Summer, you are the ULTIMATE blogger! I can't believe you got this great post up AND pictures already. What a great story! I'll call you and bring you some cookies next week. Enjoy the baby!!!!!!

Carlene said...

So glad your little one has arrived and all are doing well. Congratulations. You have an adorable family

Leisa Waldron said...

Congratulations Summer! He is adorable!

McRae Family said...

Summer...
Congratulations, to you and your cute little family. Cason is beautiful. Tell you mom Hi for me, lots of love you all. Engor

janel said...

Wow! What an exciting delivery! I can just imagine Blaine wondering if you were being overly dramatic throughout the whole process, and you trying to convince him that this is the real deal! Congratulations. I wish I were there to stay at your house, like just before Avey was born! Good luck with nursing and all.

Harmoni said...

Yipee he's here!!! You are blessed to have such a wonderful little family. Glad your mom was there to help. We love you guys
Harm and Parker

Amber said...

Summer
Congratulations! He is ADORABLE!
I would love to talk to you sometime soon

Chanelle said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome to see your little boy. We miss you!

AMY said...

Congrats, Congrats! We want more pics! So glad someone was there to catch him and that everything is okay! :)

The Braun Family said...

What adorable pictures! He is gorgeous. Ashley and I can't wait to hold him. Congratulations to the whole family!

Kylie said...

Hey Summer! Congratulations! Cason is so adorable! :)